Buying a home is an exciting thing. It's an investment that could last a lifetime. While we all tend to jump in, head-first when buying a home, there are a few things to consider before searching the North Raleigh real estate market for the perfect home. For example, one thing to think about is the time of year your buying a home. Did you know that there are specific times of the year that are better for home buying? Though it really depends on your financial situation and needs, there are a few best and worst dates for buying a home. Below, you'll find out which ones they are!
Best and Worst Dates For Home Buyers | North Raleigh Real Estate
- The best day of the year to close on the purchase of a home is Oct. 8. RealtyTrac's analysis found that over the past 15 years, buyers who closed on the purchase of a home on Oct. 8 have realized the biggest average discount
- 10.8 percent below estimated market value at time of sale — among any of the remaining 356 days in the year.
- After Oct. 8, the best days of the year to close on a purchase of a home were Nov. 26 (10.1 percent discount), Dec. 31 (9.7 percent discount), Oct. 22 (9.6 percent discount) and Oct. 15 (9.1 percent discount).
- The worst day of the year to close on a purchase of a home: Jan. 19, followed by Feb. 16, April 20, April 6 and April 27.
Several of these best time to buy dates are coming up soon! It might be time to buy a home, now! According to realtor.org, "If you buy a home in 2015, you may want to outfit it with some energy-saving systems—because you can write off 30% of the cost as part of the Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit." The following are things you can write off:
- Solar panels, solar water heaters
- Wind turbines
- Fuel cell property
- Geothermal heat pumps
With the current state of the housing market going well this year, investing in North Raleigh real estate might just be the best thing for you! If you're interested in buying a home this fall or winter, consider talking with our agents! We are here to help you find the home of your dreams!
Roark Premier Team | North Raleigh Real Estate
Also, if you’re considering selling your home, it's time to act now! Contact Roark Premier Team today and get started with the process of listing your home on the market! We guarantee to sell your home in 59 days or less! If we don’t, the listing fee is waived!
Whatever your needs are, we are here to help! Just give us a call to schedule an appointment with our real estate agents!
If you missed our previous post, talking about the best days to buy a home in and around the Triangle area, visit back with that, here:
- Best Days to Buy a Home in the Triangle
- Best Days to Buy a Home Nationally
- Best Days to Buy a Home Nationally, Continued