With the lower interest rates and increased sales, it's a great time for buyers to really consider purchasing a home before the end of this year. With time left to search, as well as sell current homes, now's a great time to contact our real estate agent!
Home Sales are Soaring | Real Estate Agents in Raleigh NC
Welcome back! Our real estate agents in Raleigh NC are here with more information to give you a better idea of just how good September 2015 home sales were! They’re up significantly and comparing with sales that haven’t been this high since 2007! We are excited to share the following with you, according to realtor.org:
- Properties typically stayed on the market for 49 days in September, an increase from 47 days in August but below the 56 days in September 2014.
- Short sales were on the market the longest at a median of 135 days in September, while foreclosures sold in 57 days and non–distressed homes took 48 days.
- Thirty–eight percent of homes sold in September were on the market for less than a month.
- Distressed sales (foreclosures and short sales) remained at 7 percent in September for the third consecutive month.
- A year ago, distressed sales were 10 percent.
- Six percent of September sales were foreclosures.
- 1 percent of September home sales (lowest since NAR began tracking in October 2008) were short sales.
- Foreclosures sold for an average discount of 17 percent below market value in September (18 percent in August)
- Short sales were discounted 19 percent (12 percent in August) last month.
- Single–family home sales rose 5.3 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.93 million in September from 4.68 million in August, and are now 9.6 percent above the 4.50 million pace a year ago.
- The median existing single–family home price was $223,500 in September, up 6.6 percent from September 2014.
For more information regarding home sales in September 2015, visit back with our blog soon. We will have another article to round out the news about last month's increasing sales!
Roark Premier Team | Real Estate Agents in Raleigh NC
If you’re considering buying a home, contact our real estate agents in Raleigh NC at Roark Premier Team, today. It's time to get started with the process of searching for your dream home! We will work with you, until you find your next home. So what are you waiting for? Call now! At Roark Premier Team we have Raleigh real estate agents standing by to help you get your home sold during one of the busiest times of the year for real estate!
To learn more about September 2015 home sales, be sure to visit with other blogs in this series, below: