There can be various reasons as to why your home isn't selling in Raleigh, but one of the toughest reasons to deal with is when your home isn't generating any interest. For homeowners planning to put their home on the market, staging is a common way to attract potential buyers and create interest. Staging the inside of our homes for sale is usually the first thing that comes to mind. Honestly though, the exterior of your home is the first thing potential homebuyers see. It's a good idea to focus on staging the exterior of your home first! Especially if your home has already been on the market without selling.
The Roark Premier Team | Selling Your Home in Raleigh
For three years, the Cost vs. Value report from Remodeling Magazine has found that garage door replacements consistently deliver an average of 75% return on investment when it comes time to sell. While upgrading your garage door may not be the first thing that you think of when staging your home for resale, it might be the most important investment you make. As the largest entry point to your home, changing the appearance of your garage door can dramatically alter your home’s curb appeal.
Looking for additional ways to enhance your home’s curb appeal? Here are a few tips from our North Raleigh real estate agency to help you sell your home:
- Add color to the exterior of your home by enhancing your landscape with seasonal flowers.
- Replace old front door hardware.
- Replace rusted downspouts or gutters with newer systems that require less maintenance.
- Cover up chipped paint on shutters, railings or accent trim.
- Re-stain a wooden front porch.
- Replace missing or broken pavers in or around flower beds and walkways.
- Keep your yard mowed, even in the off-season.
- Wash down your house to remove any dirt or mold residue on your home’s siding.
With these tips and help from our North Raleigh real estate agency, your home is sure to sell in no time. After all, the housing market is better than it's been in six years. It's also projected to get better. Contact The Roark Premier Team today, to ensure that selling your home in Raleigh is easier than you ever imagined!