Purchase a Home in Winter Months: Call The Roark Premier Team for help searching for your dream home!
If you've been thinking of selling your home in Raleigh, particularly if you are hoping to buy a new home, winter is the time to start getting serious. Winter has proven to be the best time to purchase a home, believe it or not! Here are a few reasons why you should brave the cold and go on a house hunt:
- The winter season has fewer units on the market, and those selling their homes often need to move from their property. You can use that to your advantage to get a favorable deal.
- During the winter you are competing against fewer buyers in the market. Looking for a home in the winter can be inconvenient, and people are less likely to move.
- Families are more likely to move September through June, because they are unwilling to uproot their children in the middle of the school year.
- The reduced number of buyers competing for homes also means that the chances of there being multiple offers on a single property are greatly reduced. You are less likely to lose out on your dream home because someone else beat you to it.
- Sellers benefit because buyers are more likely to make an offer on homes that are more available.
- Lenders have fewer loans to process and less paperwork to deal with. Less hassled lenders means a smoother process getting approved for a loan.
- Bargain sales in retail aren’t the only perk to shopping after the holiday season! The housing market also offers lower prices for homes. Instead of hitting up Black Friday sales at the mall this season, think about looking for a home instead!
- Lower home buying activity during the winter months allows you to have more time with your Raleigh realtor. Real estate agents are less likely to be working with multiple home buyers or sellers in the winter.
So remember, when you’re looking for something to do this winter, brave the cold and go house hunting! You might end up purchasing the home of your dreams with little to no stress or headache! For help finding the best home for you and your family, contact our Raleigh real estate agent soon!
We can also help you sell your current home. If you do hope to purchase a new home this winter, it’s time to get your current home on the market! Call The Roark Premier Team to get started! We guarantee to sell your home in less than 2 months!