Are you thinking of selling your home this winter? If so, you've picked a great time! Some people think that winter isn't the best time to sell a home because it's slow. With that in mind, it might be to your advantage and actually help you sell your home quickly. Buyers are more serious in winter, as well. Below, you'll find a few facts about home sales in fall and winter!
Work With Our Real Estate Agent in Raleigh NC to Sell Your Home This Winter!
- There are fewer home showings in the evenings when people get off work due to daylight savings.
- In the past 15 years, sales have dropped on average by 16.4% between September and August.
- In October, home buyers began searching for homes again and talking with a real estate agent in Raleigh NC about selling their homes.
- In November, home sales typically decline about 8%, due to the upcoming holiday madness and colder weather.
- Home sales visibly decline in August, right when the school year begins. Students are settling into their school routines so parents aren’t concerned with buying or selling homes.
- December shows that sales are lower historically than November. Shorter days and cold weather deter buyers and sellers from the market.
- The reduced number of buyers competing for homes also means that the chances of there being multiple offers on a single property are greatly reduced. You are less likely to lose out on your dream home because someone else beat you to it.
- Sellers benefit because buyers are more likely to make an offer on homes that are more available.
- Lenders have fewer loans to process and less paperwork to deal with. Less hassled lenders means a smoother process getting approved for a loan.
Other Selling Advantages in Winter | Real Estate Agents in Raleigh
Christmas Decorations – Everyone loves to decorate for Christmas. If your home is particularly stunning around this time of year, listing it while it’s decorated is key. Buyers will love to see it and the décor will make them feel like they’re at home!
While all of these facts do point to a slowdown in the market, it’s still a great time to consider selling your home! To find out why, be sure to visit back with our real estate agent in Raleigh and our next blog post soon!
If you’re considering selling your home contact Roark Premier Team today! It's time to get started with the process of listing your home on the market. We guarantee to sell your home in 59 days or less. If we don’t, the listing fee is waived! So what are you waiting for? Call now! Our real estate agent in Raleigh NC is standing by to help you get your home sold during one of the busiest times of the year for real estate!